Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kindle Touch

I am excited to say, and embarrassed to admit, that I bought myself a Kindle Touch, and I'm so in love with it. I can borrow books from the Amazon Prime lending library, and from my local library and it downloads immediately onto the device. This thing is amazing. I read a lot. And I collect books. Many of which I don't need to own, and would prefer not to. However, no matter how unattached I am to a story, once it's in my personal library, it is next to impossible for me to get rid of. Of course there are those books out there that I have to own. Like my Harry Potter series, and the Song of Ice and Fire series. They belong as physical copy in my library. Also most reference books, like garden books and cook books have to be in the flesh. But the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series? I don't need to own that. I enjoyed reading it, but to take up space on my bookshelves? No.


The first book I read on the Kindle was The Hunger Games, and although at first I worried it would, it in no way impeded my reading experience. I would say, it is definitely an unnecessary luxury, but I'm glad I now have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment