Friday, November 18, 2011

A Song of Ice and Fire: Re-reading one of my favoite series

A few years ago... ok 4 or 5 years ago, I was introduced to A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin by a very good friend of mine. I devoured those first 4 books she lent to me and have been awaiting Martin's release of the fifth book in the series, A Dance of Dragons, ever since. Well, it's been released as well as it being turned into an HBO series.

Since I heard about the HBO project of creating a TV series I've wanted to re-read these incredible books in preparation of watching the series. I have to face it, I'm a purist when it comes to my favorite books being made into movies or TV series. I always compare them, I can't help it.


Now it's been awhile since they started airing the TV show and since the fifth book has been released and I just haven't had the finances as of late to justify buying the books new so I've been waiting for them to show up in one of my favorite local used book stores. Well, I don't have to wait no more! My dear, sweet older sister and her amazing partner bought the box set for me of the first 4 books for my birthday that's coming up next week (I opened my present early). So I'm getting all excited to dig in! Thanks Becky & Brad!

No comments:

Post a Comment