Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Vampire Diaries


The original series of 4 books by author L.J. Smith includes The Awakening, The Struggle, The Fury and Dark Reunion. I just finished this group of books. What can I say I'm a sucker (pun intended) for vampire books. I knew nothing about this series before I read them, I had no idea that they were turned into a TV series or that the series was continues with a post-trilogy... I'm intrigued and may have to seek out these extentions... OK the books, the plot is basically about the "typical" blond high school dream-girl with the most popularity... She's a senior the "prettiest," "coolest," and the homecoming queen... you get the picture, all the girls want to be her and all the boys want to be with her.... Along comes the new kid... a dreamy dark, handsome, oh and vampire.... Stefan Salvador.... by the way, he's got an evil vampire brother, Damon.... Does this have any hint of familiarity? Remind you a bit of the Twilight series? Me too, but this series was written before Twilight was, in the early '90's. So looks like we know who Stephanie Meyers was influenced by. All in all my opinion of this series, The Vampire Diaries, is that they are not very well written, much like most young adult books, but they certainly do fall under the guilty pleasures category... If you like vampire books, you've got to read these. Don't worry, you'll blow right through them and they'll hardly take up any time.... As for me... I'm gonna see if I can get a hold of the TV series and see what kind of terrible acting is going on there....

No comments:

Post a Comment